Client Facing – 3rd Line Infrastrucure Engineer
Salary:34000.00 to 37000.00 GBP per Year
Discipline:IT Support, Networking & Infrastructure
Reference:JO0000009793 Quick Apply Now!
Position: Client facing 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Our client are progressive solutions provider and consultancy who have been established for 12 years’. They currently support in excess of 200 clients located around Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Lancashire and Merseyside area. Due to their continued success, they are looking to recruit a highly technical Client facing 3rd Line Engineer to join their existing dynamic team of Engineers.
The Client Facing 3rd Line Engineer is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our clients’ customers.
·Provide face to face 3rd line support to all clients
·You will be required to manage and support small projects
·Manage and Maintain our Client’s Infrastructure Estate – which presently consist of 200+ networks
·Manage and Implement onsite and Cloud Solutions.
– IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
– Active directory, MS Office 365, MS Exchange, Citrix
– Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
– Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
– Virtualisation – Hyper-V/VMware
– Microsoft and Windows Server (2008/2012+) and Desktop (Windows 7+)
– Whole infrastructure design
– Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
– High level network design and implementation
– Switch configuration, VLAN and Routing protocols
– Firewall design, implementation & Management
– WAN & MPLS Routing & Management
– Exposure to Powershell
– Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
– System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
– Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
– Experience of Managing Projects and meeting deadlines
– Ability to manage complex workloads and prioritise
– Ability to interpret non-technical and technical information to enable problem resolution.
– Good spoken and written English skills with some experience of report writing and able to communicate the key insights.
– Experienced at liaising with senior stakeholders and customers – ranging from technical staff through to non-technical directors.
– Ability to work independently and part of a collaborative team.
– Ability to meet deadlines and work within agreed timescales.
– Microsoft / Network certifications would be advantageous.
– Clean driver’s license