Lead Automation QA
Salary:60000.00 to 65000.00 GBP per Year
Reference:JO0000009723 Quick Apply Now!
Job Title: Lead Automation QA
Reporting to: Head of QA
Salary: Competitive – Depending on experience
My client make digital products for clients in a range of industries and sectors. Placing user experiences and quality at the forefront of the deliverables, the role of QA is critical. Using agile delivery methodologies, the teams work collaboratively to produce software in iterative drops. All members of the team contribute throughout the lifecycle, including inputting to the design and requirements definition and interacting with the clients.
Working with the Head of QA, you will be responsible for delivering QA automation across both our internal projects and those for our clients. You will ensure automated acceptance test suites, performance monitoring and CI jobs are implemented, maintained, and are being used to give consistent feedback on the health of our systems. You will be the subject matter expert of automation frameworks at my client’s company.
You will mentor other members of the team, working on automation tasks, and monitoring the implementation and consistent use of the automation frameworks.
About the Role:
As a Lead Automation QA, your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
– Develop, publish, and execute a robust automation strategy across the organisation.
– Actively contribute to the delivery of testing and automation, whilst providing oversight and direction across all the automation at Friday.
– Write and execute tests using automation frameworks.
– Write web performance tests and produce test reports.
– Implement cross-browser and device tests using automated tools.
– Ensure any project non-functional requirements are captured and validated.
– Mentor team members in automation and non-functional requirement approaches, and ensure the implementation of these is to a high quality.
– Develop a deep understanding of the systems, tools and architecture being delivered, and use this to ensure quality is maintained
– Work with clients, and advise on their automation approaches as required.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
– Minimum of 3 years Software Testing experience, ideally web and mobile applications.
– Experience in a senior/lead automation role with previous experience of implementing automation frameworks.
Expertise in the following technologies and tools:
– Static code analysis tools (e.g. SonarQube)
– Selenium/Capybara with Cucumber, Ruby and Cucumber.js
– Appium or similar mobile automation tools
– Knowledge of REST APIs including HTTP principles, XML and JSON
– SQL, relational databases, HTML and Linux based environments
– Hands on experience of Selenium (Webdriver/Capybara/Watir) for web application automation.
– Experience of setting up and maintaining CI test run jobs (we use Jenkins).
– Using version control to manage code (we use git).
– Experience in load and performance test tools, preferably open-source/nonenterprise (e.g. ApacheBench, JMeter).
– Experience of working in digital and web technologies.
– Experience of working in multi-project environments, ideally with rapid project turnaround using iterative delivery approaches.
– Experience of leading a test effort, and delivering within time and budget constraints.
– Used the Atlassian toolset (Jira/Confluence/HipChat) to complement face-to-face interactions.