ODI Developer / Oracle Data Engineer
Salary:55000 to 65000 GBP per ANNUM
Reference:ODI/ENG/ETL/LM Quick Apply Now!
Leading IT Consultancy with offices in UK and Europe (Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland) is looking to recruit a permanent ODI Developer / Oracle Data Engineer. We deliver a range of services from IT Consultancy, Software Project Development and Application Support Services for our corporate clients covering Insurance, Retail, FMCG, Automotive, Logistics & Leasing, Publishing and Charity domains (including UN organizations) which are well-known names.
The role is permanent and fully remote working for the time being (otherwise will be covering 2 days per week in London).
The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of building Data warehouses using ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) as a part of an overall analytics solution. The candidate should have strong hands-on technical experience in programming and data manipulation/transformation of large data sets using varied databases and platforms.
Main responsibilities of the successful ODI Developer / Oracle Data Engineer:
- Build and support data warehouses/data marts/data stores to facilitate data analytics and insights
- Build and support data integration and transformation routines from source systems to target data stores using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Build performant code following good development practices and improve existing code as appropriate
Key Requirements for ODI Developer / Oracle Data Engineer:
- 5+ years experience ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) experience (developing, enhancing, tuning and supporting ETL/ELT and data integration solutions using tools from Oracle) – mandatory
- Experience building, enhancing, supporting data warehouse solutions (primarily using Oracle data warehouse technologies) – mandatory
- An understanding of Google Analytics structures, data collection and storage, GA API calling, extraction and load from GA into a customer warehouse, Configuration and Enhancing GA for specific data requirement such as customer attributes, click journeys and GA reporting
- Good Oracle 12c experience and ideally some Oracle 19c, also OBIEE and GoldenGate exposure would be advantageous
- An understanding of AWS DMS, Kafka, real time analytics, NoSQL, Elastic Stack would also be advantageous
- Excellent communicator, who is able to speak about technical matters in non-technical (plain) English – mandatory
- Self-starter, flexible, can-do attitude, capable of multitasking, structured and works well within a team environment.
- Competitive salary – negotiable, depending on experience
- Variety of Benefits available for the permanent role (including Pension, Life insurance, Medical & Dental cover, Permanent Health Insurance, Critical Illness benefit)
- Holiday Allowance increases based on the length of service
- Variety of work
- Opportunity to progress, both in terms of skills, experience and grade levels quickly for the motivated and talented individual