Senior Node.js Engineer
Salary:50000.00 to 60000.00 GBP per Year
Reference:JO0000009758 Quick Apply Now!
Role:Senior Node.js Engineer
Our client are an established digital agency with more than 10 years’. They have offices across the UK, Germany, and Hungary, and in excess of 200 employees. Their services support organisations all the way from business strategy and consulting, into digital product design, development, and beyond. From Arsenal FC to Virgin and REISS, we work with clients across the publishing, retail, fashion, B2B, and entertainment industries (and beyond).
We are looking for a Senior Node.js Engineer who is ideally also skilled with React to join their existing talented team in our UK offices. You will be a part of a growing Node.js team working on a variety of projects, starting with a React app on Node.js microservices.
In addition to your development work you may be involved in:
– Pre-sales and discovery activities with clients to offer the technical voice in the creative decision-making process.
– Project initialisation – working under guidance from our front-end leads to setup the tech-stack for new projects
– Project ceremonies – joining regular stand-ups, retrospectives and demo meetings – both internally and with our clients.
– Helping others to integrate effectively into the team and be productive as quickly as possible
At a senior level, we would expect you to tick most of the following technical boxes:
– Proficient in developing and designing RESTful APIs
Working knowledge of React and Redux
– Experience with unit and integration testing
– Experience of asynchronous programming
– Experience in other JS frameworks such as Vue or Angular.
– A sound knowledge of, and be comfortable with, GIT version control system.
– Previous commercial development experience, ideally within several different working environments.
– Experience of working on a variety of projects of different sizes and durations.
At Inviqa we work on a wide variety of exciting client projects; there’s no single stack. However, these are the dominant tools we use and you could get the chance to work with:
-Backend: PHP | Node.js | Scala | Golang
-Frameworks & Apps: Magento 1 & 2 | Drupal | Spryker | Sylius | Symfony | Salesforce Commerce Cloud
-Frontend: React | Vue.js | ES6 | Ionic | Sass | jQuery | Gulp | Webpack
-Testing: Behat | PHPSpec | PHPUnit | Jest | GhostInspector
-CI / CD: Docker | Scrutinizer | Blackfire | Codeship | Jenkins Pipelines | Platform.sh | Acquia
Although our work varies, we strive to build consistently high-quality products:
– We follow Agile principles through Scrum and Lean Kanban.
– We have Engineering Guidelines for best practices for all work throughout the department.
– We write tests for our code; it’s second-nature.
– We have a constructive peer review process for all work.
– We use BDD and its associated tooling, and it’s part of our CI workflow.
– Our DevOps team ensures we have automation throughout the development lifecycle with dynamic environments, automated tests, code quality checks, and performance metrics.