Senior Responsible Officer
Location:South East - Sussex
Salary:800.00 to 850.00 GBP per Day
Reference:JO0000010194 Quick Apply Now!
Senior Responsible Officer
Oracle Fusion Implementation
About the job
You will be leading the delivery of the Oracle Fusion system which replaces the
current SAP system. This is a major programme to deliver an ERP to streamline processes and improve efficiency. You will be acting as the link between the Executive Sponsors and the Programme Manager and co-ordinating the efforts of internal and external partners and managing complex relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
You will work in a strategic capacity across the business, making decisions and
being proactive in providing leadership and direction throughout the
implementation of the programme to drive successful implementation of the
system. This is a key position that requires executive stakeholder management.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will have a proven record of success in leading project delivery at a strategic
level and leading a team of subject matter experts to deliver agreed objectives.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate
the team and individuals at all levels, whilst being challenging, professional and
Required experience and skills
1. Able to lead and motivate a professional team and work in partnership with
the project leaders.
2. Able to drive project strategy and ensure agreed objectives are achieved.
3. Able to represent the project, building appropriate relationships across the
Council and with key stakeholders to influence and control project aims.
4. A proactive and innovative approach to influencing, negotiating, and working
with partners to secure project delivery, within a complex operating
5. Able to communicate a compelling vision to all stakeholders to achieve
6. Able to assert authority and influence key decisions that impact the project
Qualifications and/or experience:
• Post graduate qualification, or equivalent level of qualification or experience,
in a relevant field.
• Demonstrable experience of leading the design and delivery of large
• Experience in leading large multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Experienced in managing large budgets.
• Experienced at managing third-party organisations delivering appropriate
services into the Council.
Ensure that the programme meets its objectives and delivers projected benefits.
Hold the Programme Manager to account and act as the link between the
Programme Manager and the Executive Sponsors.
Ensure agreement, amongst all key stakeholders, as to what the objectives and
Ensure ongoing strategic fit of programme objectives and benefits.
Obtain commitment from key stakeholders, both internal and external, ensuring
buy in to the programme journey.
Monitor delivery of objectives and benefits, taking appropriate action where
necessary to ensure their successful delivery, and ensuring the programme is
subject to review at appropriate stages.
Manage the budget, circa £7.5m, on a day-to-day basis.