Systems & Database Support Analyst
Salary:50000.00 to 55000.00 GBP per Year
Discipline:IT Support, Networking & Infrastructure
Reference:JO0000009726 Quick Apply Now!
Job Title: Systems & Database Support Analyst
Reporting to: IT Development & Business Applications Manager
The Systems & Database Support Analyst will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical support for systems developed or adapted within the company.
– Manage the day to day operation, security and safety of the company’s SQL Server databases and ensure the smooth operation of backups, replication/mirroring processes, DTS processes, queries and any other scheduled services that are part of the system.
– Maintain databases and processes and perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment when required.
– Perform data migration and database upgrade projects across different platforms/versions.
– Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
– Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
– Provide technical support for systems developed or adapted within the company.
– Set up and create reports, using SQL Reporting Services and other reporting tools, as requested by management and the business. Supply data extracts and encryptions assistance to the business upon request.
– To review and implement resilience within all databases and fix identified security vulnerabilities.
– Liaise with other IT support teams, business areas and third parties in the investigation, resolution and escalation of problems and incidents, ensuring that SLA targets for application availability are maintained.
– Assist in maintaining internal tools and systems including software upgrades and software pilots and share knowledge as appropriate.
– Create and maintain technical documentation relating to system design and ensure that source control is managed in line with industry best practice
– Complete impact assessments for any changes to production instances.
– Provide out of normal office hours support as and when required.
– To carry out other tasks as agreed by line management.
– 3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience
– Strong experience with Database Administration, Development & Support in Server 2012 and 2016
– Experience of IT Application support, maintenance, troubleshooting and problem resolution
– Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
– Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
– Experience with Disaster Recovery and planning
– Experience upgrading SQL Server databases
– Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
– Knowledge with scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBScript is a plus.
– Sound knowledge T-SQL knowledge to analyze code issue.
– Oracle database technology experience is a plus.
– Excellent written and verbal communication.
– Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, handling multiple projects and deadlines.
– Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively